Wednesday, 5 September 2007

Secret Languages

Wednesday 8.30pm

Couples are interesting. Not just married couples or partners, but relatives, families, old friends even. They have a bubble round them separating them off from all around. Going out alone I talk to people and people will approach and talk to me. But as a couple nobody wants to intrude, that bubble excludes them. Some couples even have their own language, one of looks and touch, of eye movements and facial expressions. It is horrible being with people like this, to feel excluded, you'll say something and and a look will pass between them, you know something has been said but not what. For these people the bubble blinds them. They think you cannot see that look, but I can. They forget that when alone we are more alert, more observant, more on our guard. I find it very rude but I don't suppose they even notice themselves even doing it.

I hope I am not like that.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails