Monday, 24 March 2008

Nicolas’ breakfast

Monday 9.10am


Sunday morning, out late last night so a quiet lazy morning is planned. I have eventually got up but am alone in that – Nicola is still in bed reading, and the children are asleep. I like Sunday mornings like this, when there is time to gaze out of the window over my teacup and reflect on things. Around me wafts the smell of toast and mushrooms cooking – Nicolas’ breakfast produced in response to her comment “ Oh, I thought you had brought me something nice to eat “ as I went into the bedroom to borrow her camera.

Buttered toast, mushrooms sliced and fried in a little oil and butter until they brown a little and their juices run. All served sort of café style perhaps to christen a beautiful blue and white striped bowl that Nicola has recently bought.


Life can be good sometimes.



Sunday morning music ? – how about “Fat old sun” by Pink Floyd.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails