Saturday, 15 March 2008

Passion fruit

Friday 8.36pm

What can I say . . . . passion fruit. Everytime I see one I think isn’t nature wonderfull. Like phoenix eggs, flame blackened and crinkly on the outside, cut them open and the most intense tropical smell and golden green colour flecked with charcoal seeds is revealed. And to taste ? well, a Bounty bar is very nice but to someone from Scotland this is the true taste of paradise. And what would you make with them ? You know, I do not think it matters it will all be glorious. If I had to pick a favourite though I suppose it would be Nigel Slaters pavlova ( quite appropriate as I now live in the home of the pavlova ) A big sweet squashy meringue topped with whipped cream splodged on and the passion fruit pulp poured over. Simple and clean - just three flavours synergistically playing against each other whilst still able to shine in themselves against the background of the other two.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails