Sunday, 3 August 2008

Me and the Ducks

Saturday 2.48pm

It was lunchtime on one of those still, grey days. Just me, the ducks, and the park. There I was sitting eating my cheese sandwich, just idly thinking, feeling a bit down. "Wouldn't it be great" I thought "if I didn't have to go back to work this afternoon, If I could just sit here all afternoon like the ducks." But of course one day I will be able to, because I have thought this way in the past and things inevitably change. I sat thinking of the past for a while, the places I had been, the things I had done since - there has certainly been change, and for the better as well.
And a thought rose up through it all. When I do look back
one day, what would I like to be looking back upon? Myself feeling miserable? or the experiences I had on my way there?

Obvious really.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

It is always good to look back, especially when we have come so far, to remind ourselves how change can be for the better.

Great thinking material, thanks Peter :)

“Too often we are so preoccupied with the destination, we forget the journey.”

Veronica said...

Just think of all the wonderful cheese sandwiches in your past, and be happy for the one in your present.

Honestly, I don't know where these pearls of wisdom come from, they just pop into my head.

Peter said...

I think you may have a whole self help book here - "Who Moved My Cheese Sandwich" perhaps.

And I'm certainly looking forward to my birthday now and unwrapping all those cheese sandwiches!

peter

Related Posts with Thumbnails