Sunday, 7 September 2008

Changing things

Sunday 7.30am

In a way similar to Pherenike and also in this post, over the last four months or so I have been trying to get more organised, to find time for the things I enjoy and also to get my finances tamed. Because you know it doesn't matter how long you keep your head in the sand, the bills are always their when you look up and also, contrary to popular belief I am all grown up now and should be able to do these things.

I love self help books and this site has helped my keep on track and I feel I am doing quite well. But having been finally forced to think ahead it occurred to me that this planning and changing things to suit ourselves is what defines us as a species. Most animals seem more accepting and work with what is around them but the human race? if we are not happy we change it. But is it for the better? Not for the planet as a whole, that's for sure, although it will survive us. And not for ourselves either. I feel a change in attitude is required, we need to step outside our human centred view of things, to take our heads out of the sand and look at the bigger picture. I feel confident because a lot of people already do of course and in myself I feel the connection to the world is always just under the surface.

There is an election here soon and although I don't know much about politics I would like to vote for a party that stands outside of all the petty posturing and name calling that has been going on lately. A party that does take a wider view of things and is working for a change in our attitude to the world as a whole.



Picture is of the Beehive courtesy of Nicola.

1 comment:

Laura Paine Carr said...

I love the idea of connecting with the world through curried parsnip soup, seasonal eating and politics... it appears that the politics are mirrors for us to look into now and again. Keeping us on our toes? I am so with you on desiring a party that speaks to a bigger picture encouraging us all to upgrade our attitudes. Thanks for sharing your thoughtful musings. xoxoLC

Related Posts with Thumbnails