Thursday, 16 August 2007

Career changes

Thursday 7.55pm

I have been thinking about my career. After listing my key skills it seems that some of my best ones are not being used fully at the moment. Sleeping for instance is one thing I am pretty good at, along with eating, and also staring at people in a strange way. So having explored all the options my ideal job is - Cat. There will be a few difficulties to overcome first - the cats themselves for one have a bit of a closed shop here but I am up for the challenge and I am sure it is against the law to disciminate on the grounds that I am not actually a cat. And also when I mentioned the good news to my family, they were not as enthusiastic as I thought they should be. I think it is because I will be bringing home small dead animals instead of money. Oh, and there is another one - I am usually nice to small animals so killing and eating them might be a problem, although catfood does come in lots of different flavours. So I am now working on a plan. I know where I want to be and I know where I am now, so I just have to break down the journey into manageable steps. Yoga classes would be a good start, especially if I am going to have to lick my own bottom, but I have made a start by stopping what I am doing every now and then and looking around blankly with my tongue sticking out.

Yes . . . Peter the Cat, I can see it now.


Picture is Buffy, my new mentor and role model.

5 comments:

Nicola said...

You know if I did not know you better I would think you were a raving looney. Luv the wife.

Peter said...

Mrs Einstein probably thought the same thing. (And who can pretend to understand cats anyway - new career here I come)

Nicola said...

Actually, my dear, Mrs Einstein did the foundation work that allowed Mr Einstein to spout his theories. After which he treated her disgracefully and ran off with a younger women, who was his cousin.

Peter said...

Peter the cat looks bored and walks off in a disdainfully superior way. . . . .

Nicola said...

Nicola the human scooped up Peter the cat and took him for a visit to the Vet .......... after which Peter the cat did not look quite as superior.

Related Posts with Thumbnails