Saturday, 2 May 2009

Autumn 3

I do not know if The Four Seasons is the worlds most popular piece of music but it does seem to pop up again and again - films, adverts, supermarkets and telephones even. My favourite part is the slow part in the middle of Autumn (about two minutes into this clip) . Which is about now in fact. The music echoes the world outside, the wet mouldering dampness, the slow dripping from the leaves and branches. The smell is rich and earthy and there is movement, constant hidden movement in there as well. I say it every year but then I notice it every year at this time as well. The earth is alive. All of it, and I am but one small part of this giant organism.

We have not seen Buffy the cat for two days now, which is unusual for her. We have looked around, asked the neighbours and informed the SPCA and the local vets. There is nothing to do now except wait.

I hope that the earth looks after her.




2 comments:

Sweet Mary said...

Come home Buffy

Veronica said...

Oh no, check trade me, I think they have a lost/found cat section.
I was reading another blog today and the writers cat had turned up that week after 15 months!

Related Posts with Thumbnails